Monday, March 10, 2014

Finally Officially Diagnosed!

Wow, it's been a very long time since my last blog post! I'd like to give this another shot, if people are interested in reading. I'll try to fill in some details from my missing couple of years, but for today I received some big news...

After years of assuming that I had ADHD like my kids, I finally got the official nod from an actual psychiatrist today. All day long I've been mulling this over. I've always assumed it about myself, but now it's official. Does this change my life? I'm undecided so far. 

The psychiatrist is recommending treatment and I see my GP in two weeks to set up a plan for a medication trial. I'm sure it will be a bumpy road getting this figured out, but hopefully in the end it will be worth it. 

In the mean time, I'm trying to find information and recommendations about what medications are working best for adults with ADHD and depression together. (or is the depression a result of the untreated ADHD for 39 1/2 years?) Will I treat one without the other? Or are there complimentary medications that will treat ADHD and mild depression together that will finally bring harmony to my life? Hmmm still mulling, as you can see...

If anyone is willing to share their experiences, I'd love to hear from you! Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.


No comments:

Post a Comment