Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Don't Be Late!

Three ADHD kids during the Christmas season can be a little trying to say the least.  There is the natural impatience exuberance of all of my children impacted even further by the impending holidays.  Everything has to happen NOW!!! Because it's almost Christmas!!!  No matter how I try to explain that there is still time, it doesn't matter to them. 
Tomorrow is our last day of school until the holidays.  Thank goodness (lol, and I'm the teacher).  We are in need of some serious down time.  This time of year is too hectic.  For someone who has a hard time keeping on top of things (because of my own assumed ADHD), the Christmas season is the most stressful time of year.  I love that Christmas falls in the middle of the holiday this year.  That gives me a week at home before Christmas to finish getting everything in order.  However, for my kids this is an eternity of waiting!  Oh well, I will find lots of things for them to do to help them fill their time.  Hopefully we will get some fresh snow soon so they can continue on their giant snow fort.  I know that a lot of people have been getting tremendous amounts of snow lately, but it has been all around us.  We haven't had any serious snow for days, we haven't even had a single snow day yet.
So, in parting...
They can hardly stand the wait, please Christmas don't be late...

No comments:

Post a Comment