Thursday, December 23, 2010

Wintery Play Date!

Oh, the dreaded play date.  My ADHD son can be quite a handful to say the least.  Here at home everyone gets it.  We all cut him slack when his meds have worn off, etc.  But, I do nothing but worry when he is invited over to a friend's house for a play date.  Oh, what are they going to think of my wild child?
Well, it just so happens that Casey was invited on a play date today.  He and his five friends spent almost the entire afternoon outside playing in the snow, snowboarding, tobogganing, running, jumping, yelling...  Yes, you read correctly, this crazy wonderful mom invited FIVE BOYS over two days before Christmas.  I happen to know also that of the six total boys, three of them have ADHD!  I understand the method to her madness though.  I have always found that the more kids that are over, the more they occupy and entertain each other.
I was very relieved when I arrived to pick Casey up to find that both boys were acting a little wild.  The other mom didn't even flinch.  (Do you hear my sigh of relief?)  I am so thankful for this mom today!  While Casey was gone, my hubby took the girls to town to pick up some last minute things.  I had the house to myself for FOUR HOURS!  I had myself a present wrapping marathon!  It's truly amazing what you can accomplish when you are alone for a little while.
To all of you who read my blog and celebrate Christmas:  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
To everyone else:  HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
What ever your traditions are I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and find time to enjoy all your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment