Monday, November 15, 2010

After a Weekend Away...

Why is it that my husband and I can't have any time away?  Wait, let me rephrase that...we can, but usually there's some kind trouble when we get back.  This is what happened when we got back and I went to my moms to pick up our kids.

Me: So how did things go?

Grandma:  Well actually Autumn has been pretty mouthy all day.  Then when I had finally had enough I told her to go to her room and she started laughing!

Me: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grandma: It wouldn't have been so bad if she didn't laugh in my face about it.

Me:  So Autumn what is the problem?

Autumn:  I don't know.

Me:  Well why were you being rude to Grandma?

Autumn:  I don't know.

Me:  Do you think that was a good way to show Grandma that you appreciate staying at her house and taking you and your friend to a birthday party yesterday?

Autumn:  No.

Me:  Do you think maybe you should fix the problem?

Autumn:  Yeah.

Me: Well...

Autumn:  (calling past me into the living room) Sorry Grandma.

Me:  I think you could have thought to do that before now.

Autumn:  Yeah.

Fast forward to home...about 30 minutes later.

Me: Well you are grounded in your room for the rest of the day.

Autumn:  ok

Me:  And, you need to clean it while you are in there.

Autumn:  ok

Me:  And, while you are in here you need to think about why on earth you were so rude to Grandma today.

Autumn: ok (starts to clean her room)

Fast forward two hours...

Me:  So did you think about why you were acting that way?

Autumn:  Yeah, when I went for a walk earlier, some boys were mocking me (about an incident that occurred at school earlier in the week).  I told them that it was none of their business and I didn't think they should be doing that, but it made me mad.

Me:  Did you tell Grandma that's what made you upset?

Autumn:  No, I didn't want to ruin her day.

Don't we just love the logic of our FASD kiddies?  Oh brother...

No comments:

Post a Comment